School time is soon going to restart for my kids!
With summer around and loads of mangoes available, I thought it was a good idea to bring the vacations to a sweet end by giving into the sweet tooth of my little Angels.
Here’s an easy recipe to a great mango dessert. It’s indeed an awesome feeling to just sit back and see the little ones enjoying and pampering their little “sweet taste buds”!
Chilled Mango Cheese Cake
- 400 grams sweetened condensed milk
- 400 grams mango (chopped)
- 200 grams grated cottage cheese (paneer)
- 3 table spoons gelatine
- 200 ml cream
- 4-5 drops of mango essence
- ½ cup water
- Chopped mangoes (keep some aside from above)
- 2 tablespoons cream (keep some aside from above)
- Decorative yoghurt gums (optional)
- Dissolve the gelatine in water over a double boiler (a pan of hot water) by stirring continuously.
- In a blender; blend together the condensed milk, grated cottage cheese, dissolved gelatin and mango essence.
- Add the chopped mangoes to this and blend again for just a minute. (Do save some pieces for decoration).
- Whip the cream well and gently fold into the above mixture.
- Pour into mould rinsed with water (still wet – this would make unmoulding easy).
- Leave to set and chill in the refrigerator for about 1hr and 15 minutes (approx.) When set unmould onto a serving plate.
- Apply an even layer of cream and sprinkle some chopped mango.
- Decorate with yoghurt gums as shown in picture and serve.
Kiddie Tip: you may also freeze the cheese cake and serve as a frozen dessert.