- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1½ table spoon butter (cold)
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 egg
- ¼ tea spoon baking powder
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (brown sugar preferred)
- 1table spoon milk
- 1½ Apple (medium size, peeled and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 20 gms walnuts
- 20 gms raisins
- Walnuts and raisins
- Fresh cherries
- Fresh Cream
- Stew the apples with sugar and cinnamon stick in water, on medium flame.
- Drain the excess water, and keep aside. Don’t forget to remove the cinnamon stick.
- Now on a plate, mix the flour, cinnamon powder, cold butter, and powdered sugar. Mix to form crumbs (this should be done gently with finger tips. DO NOT KNEAD).
- Beat the egg and pour half of it on the prepared mixture. Add baking soda and continue to form crumbs by mixing gently with your fingertips.
- Grease a baking dish. Evenly spread the stewed apple. Add walnuts and raisins and sprinkle lemon juice.
- Now cover the apples with a layer of the crumb mix. Do not flatten.
- Now in a small bowl add the remaining beaten egg and milk and glaze the top layer of the apple crumble.
- Garnish with walnuts and raisins as shown in picture.
- Bake in the microwave for 5-7 mins.
- Once ready, cool a bit. Garnish with cherries and serve warm with fresh cream.
Kiddie tip: Serve with vanilla ice cream instead of fresh cream.