- 30 grams of boiled and pureed Spinach
- 30 grams of boiled and pureed Beetroot
- 60 grams whole wheat flour
- 20 grams semolina (roasted)
- 3 tsp cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil (for frying)
- A Few sticks of carrot
- A few sticks of Cucumber
- Sour cream dip (optional)
- In a big plate, mix the whole wheat flour and semolina. Add salt to taste and divide the dry mix into three equal parts.
- Take one part of the dry mix in a bowl; add 1 tsp oil, and spinach puree (enough to knead into stiff dough).If puree is not enough; you could sprinkle some water to get stiff dough. Cover and keep aside.
- In another bowl, take the 2nd part of the dry mix add 1 tsp oil, and beetroot puree (enough to knead into stiff dough). Cover and keep aside.
- To the 3rd part of the dry mix, add 1 tsp oil and water (enough to knead into stiff dough). Cover and keep aside.
- With the help of a rolling pin, roll out the prepared dough’s separately. Make sure each dough is evenly rolled out. Flatten as thin as possible.
- Now tightly begin to roll (similar to sushi roll) the beetroot dough.
- Place it on the edge of the flattened whole wheat dough. Roll into a log (like a sushi roll) again.
- Yet again place this log (beetroot and whole wheat as prepared in step7) on the edge of the flattened spinach dough. Roll into a log (like a sushi roll).
- Now gently press the prepared log (containing beetroot dough, whole wheat dough and spinach dough). Make sure the log is smooth all over.
- Cut the log into 1/2 cm thick pieces. Roll out finely to flatten the pieces and fry till golden brown.
- Take them out on a kitchen towel first and then serve immediately.
- Garnish the serving plate with a bowl of sour cream dip.
- Place some sticks of carrot and cucumber in the dip.
- Place the rainbow crisps and serve immediately.
Note:Consume immediately. Not suitable for storing as the spinach and beetroot would make the crisp moist in sometime.