baking with kids, cup cakes with Oats Zucchini and Carrots, healthy cup cakes for kids, healthy snacks for kids, kids food, muffins for kids, summer activity with kids, visually attractive foods for kids
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 3 table spoons whole wheat flour
- 3 table spoons oats
- 3 table spoons ground almonds
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup shredded zucchini
- ¼ shredded carrot
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 2 table spoons grated apple
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 table spoons honey
- ½ tea spoon vanilla extract
- 2 table spoons cooking oil
- A few pitted dates
- A few carrot rounds
- Sparkle gel for cake toppings
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius. Lightly grease 8 muffin cups. In a bowl, mix together all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, ground almonds, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, blend in the mashed banana, cooking oil, apple, yoghurt, sugar, honey and vanilla extract.
- Mix all this into the flour mix. Now fold in the zucchini and carrots until well blended.
- Pour into the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes in the preheated oven. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool, garnish and serve.
- Decorate the serving plate with dates as shown in the picture
- Place the muffins and garnish with carrot and sparkle gel.
Kiddie tip: Serve warm with a dollop of fresh cream!
*muffin recipe courtesy a dear friend Karishma Jasra