- 2 medium size boiled potatoes
- 2 slices of brown bread (remove crust)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 small carrot (finely chopped)
- 30 gms cauliflower (finely chopped)
- 30 gms of peas
- A few leaves of fresh coriander
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- A pinch of pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 cabbage leafs or iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium size tomato (chopped)
- A few sliced black olives
- Heat a pan on medium flame and add 1 tablespoon oil. Now add cumin seeds, when they start to sizzle add chopped onion and sauté for about a minute. Sprinkle turmeric, salt, pepper and lower the flame.
- Now add chopped carrots, peas and cauliflower. Sprinkle some water for cooking and cover with a lid. Let it cook for about 10-12 minutes. Stir occasionally. Make sure the vegetables are well cooked and not too moist (If so cook on open flame for a while).
- Uncover the lid and add fresh coriander. Quickly toss all the vegetables and remove from pan to cool.
- Wet the slices of bread with water and squeeze. In a bowl finely mash the boiled potatoes and moist bread. Add salt to taste and kneed into smooth dough.
- Make medium size balls. Flatten them a bit in your palm. Place some amount of cooked vegetables in the centre. Fold your palm a bit begin to join the corners and gently press to form a cutlet.
- Now heat a flat pan on medium flame and add 2 tablespoons of oil. Place the cutlets , pan fry and cook till golden brown on each side.
- Remove the cutlets from the pan and first place them on a kitchen towel so that extra oil is absorbed.
- On a serving plate put the cabbage leaves and place the cutlets on them.
- Garnish with black olives and tomatoes as shown in the picture.
- Serve warm.