broccoli with pin wheel sandwich, creative way to make kids eat broccoli, healthy snacks for kids, kids food, nteresting sandwich with broccoli for children, summer activity with kids, visually attractive foods for kids
- 250 gms Broccoli
- 2 big cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- 2 pinches of pepper
- 1table spoon cooking oil
- 2 slices of brown bread
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 tsp melted butter
- Mash the hard boiled egg in a bowl, add the melted butter along with a pinch of pepper and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Remove the crust from the slices of bread and roll (flatten) them softly with a rolling pin on a board.
- Now spread the egg mix evenly on each slice. Roll each slice gently, somewhat like a sushi roll. Wrap each roll in a foil and refrigerate it for 10 minutes.
- Boil water in a pot and add ½ tsp water. Cut broccoli into medium size pieces (1.5inch long) and let them cook in boiling water for about 3-4 mins. Drain the water and keep aside
- Now in a pan take oil and sauté garlic till golden brown. Add soy sauce along with a pinch of pepper and salt to taste. Add the cooked broccoli and give it a quick toss. Remove from pan.
- Take the rolled breads and remove the foil. Insert a toothpick each in a few broccoli stems. Place the stems on the rolled bread as shown in picture.
- Decorate a plate with a few capsicum slices and chopped tomato, topped with black olives as shown in picture above.
- Place the prepared broccoli tree and serve.
Kiddie Tip: Serve immediately. Also, the tree log can be cut into round slices…the egg spiral inside is fun for kids!