cooking with children, healthy oats and lentils dosa for kids, healthy snacks for kids, kids food, rice oats and lentils savoury pancakes, summer activity with kids, visually attractive foods for kids
For the batter:
- 60 gms of parboiled rice
- 30 gms of short grain rice
- 30 gms of split white lentils
- 30 gms of green moong lentil (sprouted)
- 30 gms of ground oats
- ½ tea spoon ginger paste
- Salt to taste
- ½ tea spoon cooking oil
- Water for desired consistency
- A few slices of tomato
- A few circles cut of cheese slice
- A few olives
- Wash together the par boiled rice, short grain rice along with split white lentils and soak for 1 hour. Grind to a smooth paste .Add water to make it of pouring consistency.
- Set the batter aside for 2 hours to ferment. Grind sprouts to a smooth paste, add to the fermented dosa batter along with the oats, oil, salt and ginger paste. Add enough water to get a smooth flowing consistency and season to taste.
- Heat a non stick dosa pan and smear with a few drops of oil. Pour a ladle full of batter in the centre and spread evenly with the back of a ladle.
- Sprinkle oil on the edges and cook till golden brown.
- Place the cheese circle at one end; put half a slice of tomato on the edge. Place
olives as shown in the picture.
A SMILEY FAMILY Dosa is ready to serve.
* Dosa recipe: courtesy a dear friend Karishma Jasra